Good job with your tests today... I am grading them right now and will pass them back Thursday!
Do you still need to get the safety contract signed? How about finishing the safety questions from today? Use page 9 in your notebook, answer in complete sentences WHY these are FALSE statements!
Tomorrow we look at how scientists process data...
1. You can do experiments or mix chemicals together “just to see what happens.”
2. You don’t need to read all directions before you begin work.
3. It’s okay to taste food and other materials in the lab.
4. If a chemical is spilled on you, just brush it off with a paper towel and keep going.
5. You don’t need to clear off desks before a lab; more stuff means more fun!!
6. If you are horsing around and break something, hide it from Mrs. Hunt.
7. Nothing will happen to you if you break the rules of the laboratory.
8. If the bell rings before your lab table is cleaned up, it’s okay to just leave anyway.
9. During dissections, save parts of the animal to eat at lunch time.
10. Taking specimens is just fine… she wants us to like science!!
Tonight you study... lab equipment test tomorrow. No notes. MAYBE you choose a word bank. The test paper will show the picture, you write the correct name on the answer sheet (ask if you can't tell what the picture really shows... I can show you the item). We do not use tweezers, eye droppers, or scales in my science class... remove those words and replace with forceps, pipettes, and balances!!! THIS powerpoint may be helpful for studying items.
Did you turn in your signed safety contract? Sure hope so! Otherwise I will see it tomorrow in the red basket (right?!?!?!?!?!?!?)
Good luck and study well! See you tomorrow!
How about study?... didja study for your equipment test?
You will be given the picture and you write the correct name...
Practice test tomorrow... REAL TEST WEDNESDAY!!!
Safety contracts signed and in basket Tuesday...
Remember Open House is this Thursday... invite your folks to join us and meet your teachers.
Great work today on learning lab equipment. For those of you who want a head start on next Wednesday's test HERE is the answer key for the numbered items. If you still need to get pictures for each item you can find some HERE (however please not we DO NOT call a pipette an eye dropper in this class). We will test on only the 24 items from our bins today.
Monday we will double check for correct information and begin discussing safety in the science lab. Practice test on Tuesday and REAL test on Wednesday ... no notes ... 100% to pass ... word bank for a "3" no word bank for a "4". Have a great weekend you scientists you!!!
Great job starting with notebook setup today... I understand that having a 5 subject notebook for just science was not on the original supplies list so we have been a little creative to have best success. If you are still in need of the large notebook it seems as though the office supply chains are the only ones left with supplies... boo. Tomorrow we finish the setup AND begin setting seats AND begin working together as scientists do...
Have a great evening!
KMS Science Teacher
Most science pictures I post are found from assorted Facebook science pages... too numerous to cite specifically and downloaded for "just the right time"... I am sorry for the poor citation example I am setting.
Trouble viewing attachments?